So you want to make your own vegan banana bread?
Banana bread is a delicious and naturally sweet dessert, prep-time takes close to no time and there's little clean up. This dessert also freezes well, so it’s a great recipe to prepare in advance and enjoy throughout the week!
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup plant-based milk
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan then sprinkle with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and almond milk, and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt and stir until combined.
- Transfer the batter to your greased pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve!
A Few Things You Should Know about Making Vegan Banana Bread
- The best bananas are overripe bananas. The more brown spots the better!
- Don’t over-mix the batter! Banana bread? Cookies? Birthday cake? This is a pretty important tip for baking in general. Over-mixing will lead to a very dense banana bread so you only want to mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- If you’re worried that using ripe bananas and sugar will make it overly sweet try using unsweetened plant-based milk.
- If you don’t want to use oil, try using applesauce.
- Get creative and add mix-ins. Chocolate chips? Walnuts? The possibilities are endless!
If you're having a tough time perfecting your recipe, visit us in-store and enjoy a latté and piece of banana bread (or one of many other pastries.)