(Recipe adapted from Nikki Elisheva @mysweetbelly)
Yields 1 large cookie or 4 small ones
This recipe is for those of you who just can’t get enough of matcha! I have recently tried and been loving my Café Leaves Matcha! These cookies can be eaten as a little breakfast addition or as a quick afternoon pick me up! You can also roll them into balls instead. Matcha is not only a great caffeine alternative (no crash!), but also contains antioxidants which help in the reduction of free radicals, which can be harmful to your body.
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave
- 1 1/2 tablespoons monk fruit sugar (or your choice of granulated sweetener)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Café Leaves matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or sunflower butter for a nut free substitute)
- 2-3 teaspoons vegan chocolate chips
- Add ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir until all ingredients are combined
- Shape the dough into cookie shape (or use a cookie cutter like I did) and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden
Want to try out more recipes? Interested in the benefits of matcha? Visit our blog and learn how to make other vegan recipes such as banana bread or banana nice-cream! or pick up a bag of Leaves Matcha here!